Parents and Family
- Introduction – For Parents of Children and Young People with Diabetes
- Parents Passport For Schools
- Climbing that mountain!
- Life at School with a chronic condition
- Information packs for teachers and for parents
- Research of practical help
- Family Relationships
- Teenagers living with Diabetes
- Growing Up with Diabetes
- Discovering Alcohol
- Eating Disorders
- Hypoglycaemia in Children
- Diabetes and Coeliac Disease
Information for teachers and for parents
Children and young people with diabetes are a particularly vulnerable group as they grow up with diabetes. We know from parents’ experiences that school can present problems for children with diabetes and additional worries for parents. So we have developed Information Packs to try to help and alleviate some of these problems.
This contains the following information, which is especially for parents of children and young people with Type 1 diabetes, including the Parents Passport for Schools to give to the teacher.
This Pack contains information about diabetes to provide them with a better understanding of diabetes and help to understand the needs of children with the condition.
All the above are provided FREE of charge from IDDT and with membership of IDDT you can also receive the general quarterly newsletter.