This is just a reminder for all of us. There are general principles you should follow to help prevent the spread of airway and chest infections caused by respiratory viruses, including:
- wash your hands more often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser. Do this after you blow your nose, sneeze or cough, and before you eat or handle food,
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands,
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms,
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin,
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has some clear guidance on how we should wash our hands and it can be found at the following link: https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/