- Top 10 Tips for hot weather
- Medtronic recalling certain insulin pumps on cybersecurity issues
- Prime Minister praises the FreeStyle Libre
- Ramadan 2019 and fasting
- Warning! Be careful about completing your driving licence application online!
- If you shop on Amazon, here’s how you can help IDDT
- Medical Device Awareness Card Now Available
- DVLA Guidelines make it simpler for drivers with insulin treated diabetes
- A no deal Brexit could put lives at risk (updated)
- New Ulcer treatment could prevent 3,000 amputations a year
- FreeStyle Libre latest News!!!
- NHS Long-Term Plan
- FreeStyle Libre (updated)
- Pork insulin availability in the UK and Canada assured
- NHS to provide life changing glucose monitors for Type 1 Diabetes patients
- Leading experts slam current diabetes care in UK care homes – a Call to Action needed
- Roche announces urgent recall on certain Accu-Chek Aviva and Performa test strips
- Ramadan 2018 and fasting
- DVLA changes regulations
- Freestyle Libre available on the NHS!
- Medtronic recall specific lots of infusion sets with all models of Medtronic insulin pumps
- All Accu-Chek® Insight insulin pumps – risk of alarm failure
- WHO – long-acting analogues not an essential medicine
- Beef insulin discontinued
- Soft Drinks Warning!
- Driven to Despair
- Childhood Obesity Strategy failing our children
- Diabetes – What schools need to know
- DVLA – Good News!
- The National Diabetes Foot Care Audit (NDFA)
- Diabetes care criticised
- Motorists banned in error after faulty DVLA visual field test
- Too many children and young people with diabetes not getting the care they need
- National NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
- InDependent Diabetes Trust: Young diabetics ‘get worse care’
- IDDT’s Position Statement – ‘pre-diabetes’
- MBE Is Bolt From The Blue For Charity Chair
- New insulin on the market – Insulin Degludec (Tresiba)
- Diabetes community urges more support for older people
- Warning to people with diabetes about dangerous herbal medicine
- In 1 week, 60 hospital patients with diabetes develop preventable complications – National Audit
- Passport for Diabetes in Care Settings
- Launch of Passport for Diabetes in Care Settings
- Type 2 Diabetes – Management & Medication
- Cost of insulin analogues
- Actos And The Risk Of Bladder Cancer – New Safety Warnings
- Actraphane – are patients really at the centre of care
- Marketing of insulin – a missed opportunity
- IDDT Launch Patient Hospital Passports
- IDDT Launch Public Awareness Campaign
- IDDT’s Position Statement on DTCA
- In Sickness and in Health
- IDDT Triumphs in Australia
Pork insulin availability in the UK and Canada assured
From December 2018, people in the US will not be able to import pork insulin from Wockhardt UK.
This is due to stringent Regulatory Controls, leaving Wockhardt UK with no choice but to discontinue supply of Hypurin Porcine & Bovine insulin which is directly supplied to the patients in the USA on a “Name Patient basis”.
On November 30th 2018, Wockhardt issued the following statement which offers reassurance to people in the UK who use Hypurin® porcine insulin.
Wockhardt UK Ltd – Supporting Diabetic Patient Choice
Wockhardt UK has been committed to the provision of Hypurin® Porcine Insulin for many years, recognising the medical needs and preferences of patients with diabetes.
At Wockhardt UK, we firmly believe that maintaining freedom of choice for diabetic patients is important and we are committed to continue the supply of our Hypurin® Porcine Insulin range to the UK and Canada for the foreseeable future.
Hypurin® Porcine Insulin is available in 10ml vials and 3ml cartridges and are an alternative to human or analogue insulins.
Here is the link on Wockhardt’s website: